To become a customer or schedule an oilheat
or propane delivery please contact us below.
Our residential and commercial customers can count on us for prompt, professional delivery of quality fuels. Whether you're in need of Oilheat for your home's furnace or diesel for your farm's tractor - Glider Oil has competitive pricing and the ability to work within your needs.
At Glider Oil, we understand that comfort means more than just being warm and cozy when the mercury falls - and it sure does plummet in our area! We also believe in our customers' financial comfort as well as their comfort in dealing with a company that cares. That's why we are proud to deliver Oilheat.
The Benefits of Oilheat
Whether you know it as "heating oil," "fuel oil," or "#2 oil," Oilheat is the clean, dependable fuel that folks in New York State trust for complete comfort.
- Oilheat is safe. Home heating oil can only be ignited by an advanced burning system in your oil burner or furnace.
- Oil supplies can meet demand. Regardless of global political unrest and/or natural disasters, there is still an over-abundance of crude oil, confirming notions that world oil reserves can and will last for a long time. With over 36 oil-producing countries, we are not dependent on any one nation or region for our oil supplies.
- Oilheat is clean and dependable. Today's Oilheat is 95% cleaner than in 1970. New Oilheating systems produce no soot, dirt or odor. With heating oil, you always have the supply you need right on your own property - you choose how to best utilize your supply as needed.
- Oilheat is energy-efficient. Efficiency ratings of new Oilheat boilers and furnaces range from 83% to 95%, and can have an average life expectancy of 30 or more years (assuming annual maintenance). Upgrading your heating oil equipment to a more energy-efficient system can lower your energy costs by up to 30%, pays for itself over a short time, adds value to a home, and provides satisfying, efficient warmth.
For more information on the many benefits of Oilheat, visit OilheatAmerica.com
Need more information on our Oilheat delivery and services? Contact us
Over 14 million Americans use propane because it is such a versatile source of energy. Propane can power your heat and hot water, cooking stove, fireplace, pool and much more. We are pleased to provide both will-call and automatic propane delivery as well as expert, safe propane tank installation.
The Benefits of Propane
It's economical, efficient and dependable - and that's only the beginning of the many "pros" to using propane ... especially when compared with electric:
Need more information on our propane delivery? Contact us
- Propane is cheaper than electric. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating a home in the U.S. with propane in recent years has cost far less than heating with electricity - at times, two-and-a-half times less! In addition, over time, propane water heaters can cost one-third less to operate and recover water twice as quickly as electric water heaters.
- Propane is warmer than electric. A propane gas furnace heats air to about 130°F to 140°F and operates in short intervals to minimize operating costs. An electric heat pump produces heat below body temperature (98.6°F), so the air actually feels cool when placing your hand in front of a vent.
- Propane furnaces last longer than electric heat pumps. Propane-fueled furnaces last 5 to 10 years longer than electric heat pumps, on average.
- Propane is more dependable than electric. Propane can be stored safely in a tank on your property, while electricity is subject to power outages. Reliable propane works when and where other energy sources don't.
- Propane is more versatile than electric. It can be used to power so many things:
- your home heating
- stoves and ovens
- hot water heaters
- hot tubs
- garage heaters
- room heaters
- clothes dryers
- swimming pools
- emergency backup generators
- Propane is clean. By using this exceptional energy, homeowners can help cut emissions and protect the environment. Propane is an approved alternative fuel listed in both the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992. Moreover, propane is nontoxic and insoluble in water. Because it is released as a gas, it doesn't spill, pool, or leave a residue.
- Propane is safe. Propane has quite a remarkable safety record, due in large part to the stringent codes and regulations developed by the propane industry and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Propane also has built-in safety properties: it won't ignite when combined with air unless the source of ignition reaches 940°F. Propane gas is nontoxic and produces minimal emissions, and is not harmful to soil or water.
- With propane, what you see is what you get. While electricity is measured in hard-to-understand "kilowatt hours," propane is measured in familiar "gallons."
- Propane is customer-friendly. With propane, you receive personalized "I'll-be-right-over" service from Glider Oil. You'll never be treated like a number.
Here are links to some online information resources from the Propane Education & Research Council that can help you understand propane and safe fuel handling.
Safeguarding Your Home for Winter
is a brochure from the Propane Education & Research Council for owners of homes, vacation homes and businesses located in areas with high snowfall amounts.
Winter Storm Preparedness
is an online slideshow from the Propane Education & Research Council that offers advice on how to prepare for bad winter weather.
Propane in Your Community
is a brochure from the Propane Education & Research Council that provides an overview of the propane industry and answers questions about propane companies and the fuel they store and deliver.
Important Propane Safety Information
is a brochure from the Propane Education & Research Council that explains how to protect your home and family by understanding how to defect gas and what to do if you suspect a gas leak.
Important Propane Safety Information for Users of Small Cylinders
is a brochure from the Propane Education & Research Council that explains safe handling of small propane tanks.
For your convenience, we also offer:
Kerosene is a popular fuel for heating small structures such as mobile homes. Glider Oil offers delivery of dyed kerosene for your entire home heating and recreational needs.
On- and Off-Road Diesel and Gasoline
No matter how many gallons you need, Glider Oil provides on- and off-road diesel (including a special cold-weather blend), as well as quality gasoline for your fleet or equipment. Our delivery options are flexible, so you can run your business on your own terms.